When you look in the mirror do you see dull skin staring back at you? You can freshen up your fall face with treatments that offer a wide variety of options with zero to moderate downtime. When the seasons begin to change so do the needs of our skin regimen. Everyone wants skin that glows and the secrets on how to achieve it.
Moist dewy skin doesn’t just happen by accident. Taking the time to follow some simple tips will help you achieve the look you desire.
- Cleansing the skin with a nice gentle cleanser is wonderful and may give you some relief from the dry winter air. Chances are that your skin wants more from you than just a nice gentle cleansing. It needs to be exfoliated to slough off the old skin that has built up. Using a sugar scrub that has some essential oils with an oil base, or a glycolic wash for cell turnover is essential. Nourish, buff and polish the skin weekly. This will help with product absorption like moisturizers and spray tanning.
- Hydration of the skin is vital to its appearance. If you drink water it is not enough to tame dry, scaly skin. Moisturizers are a must. Creamy moisturizers, coconut oil, or a blend of essential oils are also amazing for your skin. It provides you with hydration as well as feeds your skin and senses.
- Facials and Microderms are a great way maintain a healthy glow. The relaxation of someone cleaning, exfoliating, steaming and pampering you with an aroma therapy diffuser is heavenly. Not only will your skin feel and look amazing your spirits will be lifted too.
- If you are not afraid of a little downtime perhaps a chemical peel or IPL (Photo Facial) would be appealing. Both of these treatments will pack a powerful punch. They can be tailored to your specific needs and desires. IPL Impulse Light Laser will address dark spots due to sun damage, redness in the skin from broken capillaries or Rosacea. The freckles and dark spots on the face will turn a darker color and appear like coarse ground pepper or coffee grounds on the skin. This will take 7-30 days for full exfoliation. You may experience redness at first but after a few days the inflammation and redness will start to dissipate. You will see your skins appearance change as soon as 2 weeks after the treatment. Freckles, sun spot and redness will be dramatically better. The number of treatments needed are typically 3-5 depending on the severity of damage you have. Chemical peels are fantastic for achieving a new skin look. The strength of the peel will vary on your personal needs. This treatment can be combined with other treatments for optimal impact. The recovery time is roughly 2 weeks of flaking and peeling skin. These can be tailored to skin type and desired outcome. Both of these treatments require no sun exposure for at least 2-4 weeks after the treatment. The use of SPF is required.
- If you want a more dramatic change in the skin tone, texture, pore size, abnormal pigmentation as well as all over resurfacing and tightening, Fraxel is your treatment. Fraxel is a safe, effective non-invasive treatment for skin conditions ranging from sun spots to acne scarring. This procedure has minimal discomfort and maximum results. The treatment can be performed on the face, neck and décolleté as well as hands and scars. Fraxel improves not only the appearance of the skin but the overall integrity as well. Significant skin tightening along with resurfacing can be achieved. Post procedure you will have some redness and swelling that may last 3-5 days. Your face will have a wonderful glow but may temporarily feel rough like sand paper to the touch. Skin cells will turn over and shed in roughly 2 weeks leaving your skin feeling and appearing tighter with fewer fine lines and less pigmentation.
- Everyone wants to look as young as possible for as long as possible. This has been made easier with technology like the Ulthera. Ultherapy is the only non-invasive procedure FDA-cleared to lift the skin on the brow, neck, under the chin and the décolleté. This device uses ultrasound to target collagen and elastin production deep within the skin. The procedure delivers ultrasound energy which bypasses the surface of the skin, delivering focused ultrasound energy at just the right depth- to the same foundational layer that is typically addressed in a face lift. This makes it a one of a kind procedure using ultrasound imaging in delivery focused energy to dermal and deep foundation of the skin. This treatment will build gradually over two to three months with continued improvements up to 6 months post treatment. Let your face come alive in 2015 with a lift from us.
The holidays are fast approaching. Turn up the heat in your look by wearing the best skin you can. Keep the winter glow by following these steps. Come visit me and I will show you your true glow. Stay beautiful.