During these uncertain times, we are all unsure of what we are and are not able to do anymore. With many restaurants and stores closing their doors for business, we wanted to reassure you of our policies during this challenging period. Drs. Morrissey and Wilcox decided to answer some of your most frequently asked questions about how our practice is operating during the COVID-19 lockdown.
Can I Get a Plastic Surgery Consultation During the COVID-19 Lockdown?
Yes, you can absolutely get a plastic surgery consultation during the COVID-19 lockdown. The best part is you won’t even have to leave the comfort and safety of your own home. Thanks to advances in digital technology, Drs. Wilcox and Morrissey are now able to do virtual consultations using video platforms like FaceTime and Skype. These video consultations are 100 percent HIPAA-compliant and allow you to get all the information you need about your procedure of interest without having to fight traffic, put on a face mask or worrying about sanitizing your hands. Simply request a virtual consultation online and wait to hear back from one of our staff members.
Can I Get Plastic Surgery During the COVID-19 Lockdown?
As of April 22, 2020, we are able to perform any elective cosmetic procedures. That being said, now is the perfect time for you to learn more about your procedure of interest and get prepared for your treatment. Do some research about which dermal fillers and injectables are right for your skin concerns, look up some of the benefits and procedures are done during gynecomastia surgery and explore which areas of the body you could benefit most from liposuction. Don’t forget to schedule your virtual consultation now that you have the time. Getting informed is your first step to receiving plastic surgery.
Is Your Office Still Open?
Yes, our office has re- opened. We are currently seeing patient’s Monday -Friday between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. There are some guidelines to follow if you coming into the office.
- Governor Abbott has issued an Executive Orders mandating a 14-day quarantine for travelers arriving in Texas from the following areas: the states of California, Washington, Louisiana, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut as well as the cities of Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit, and Miami. Patients that have been in these designated areas will not be eligible to be seen in our facility until a 14 day quarantine has been completed.
- All patients and staff members will be required to have a temperature check prior to entering the main part of the facility. Anyone with a temperature above 100 will be rescheduled.
- Hand Washing / Sanitizing will be required prior to use of office supply (examples: pens, clipboards, office paperwork, exchange of payment types, etc.)
- Facial protection will be required for the entire duration of your time inside the facility. PLEASE NOTE: You must provide your own facial protection as each medical facility only has a limited supply of PPE.
- Social Distancing must be obtained at all times when possible (Exceptions: physical exams and treatments)
If you’re interested in learning more about undergoing plastic surgery with Dr. Morrissey or Dr. Wilcox, schedule your virtual consultation online today. Our doctors and team members hope you and your loved ones are staying healthy during this time.