Implementing skincare products into your daily routine is only half the battle. There are countless skincare products on the market, making it nearly impossible to narrow down your options and determine the brand or type of skin care product that is best for your skin. Unfortunately, in a world where everyone is after “quick fixes” and simple solutions, this means that people often end up selecting the wrong products for their skin – which means you don’t see results, or your skin might even worsen. Below, we’ll tell you what to look out for in skincare products and provide some trustworthy sources for your skincare needs.
What to Look For in Skincare Products
When it comes to telling a good skincare product from a bad skincare product, there are a few techniques you can use. When researching skincare, be sure to check the ingredients of the product you’re interested in. While some brands are reputable enough to trust, it’s worth your time to do some due diligence on a brand you don’t recognize. You need to make sure the ingredients are natural and beneficial to your skin. After purchasing a product, you can quickly tell if it’s right for you based on how your skin reacts. Your skincare products should never cause burning or stinging sensations! This is a sign that your skin is allergic, and you might need to look for alternatives while steering clear of the responsible ingredient in the future.
Where to Start With Skincare Products
Before purchasing skincare products, it’s important to consider your skincare goals. For many people, this might mean addressing and preventing signs of aging. Skincare products are an excellent option for maintaining the youthfulness of the skin, and there are a handful of brands that specialize in this purpose. Others might be looking for products that are designed to address certain skin issues, such as acne or hyperpigmentation. Similarly, you’ll want to start with a brand with a proven track record of helping these conditions.
What are the Best Skincare Products?
At the Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery Center of Texas, we carry some of the most reputable skincare brands in the industry. These include:
- RevitaLash® & RevitaBrow®
- These products are designed to enhance the strength of your eyelashes and eyebrows, enabling them to grow longer and fuller. Backed by countless health professionals, RevitaLash® is the gold standard when it comes to enhancing and supporting eyelash and eyebrow growth.
- EltaMD Sunscreen
- Sunscreen is an absolute must when it comes to protecting the skin. The sun is the biggest threat to healthy, youthful skin – and with EltaMD sunscreen, you can protect against this threat, without all of the added and sometimes harmful ingredients found in other sunscreen products.
- Obagi ZO®
- Obagi ZO® products are created by Dr. Zein Obagi, an accomplished and renowned dermatologist. Patients can choose from a number of products to help repair, rejuvenate and protect the skin.
- Oxygenetix products are carefully formulated to provide unmatched breathability when worn on the skin. This is a great solution for patients struggling with acne, or anyone looking for foundation and moisturizers that feel light without compromising on efficacy.
- Lorenol offers some of the gentlest skincare products on the market. All products are botanically-derived. Lorenol has powerful anti-aging products as well as skincare essentials.
To learn more about these products or determine which of these products belongs in your skin care regimen, contact us today at the Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery Center of Texas. We can answer any questions you may have or help you schedule a consultation to discuss your needs with Dr. Morrissey.